We will be starting the new automated garbage and recycle pickup beginning November 9th, 2020. Town and Country Sanitation delivered the new toters the week of November 2nd, 2020. If you did not receive your toters, please contact Town & Country Sanitation at 608-375-5856.
Garbage will continue to be picked up weekly on Monday. RECYCLES will now be picked up EVERY OTHER WEEK ON MONDAY. Do NOT use the new containers until the dates listed below. Any garbage or recycles placed out in “toters” before the designated dates will not be picked up.
Monday = 11/9/20 Monday = 11/9/20
Monday = 11/16/20
Monday = 11/23/20 Monday = 11/23/20
Monday = 11/30/20
GARBAGE & RECYCLING CONTAINER PLACEMENT AND INSTRUCTIONS
- Make sure the arrows on the lids are pointing out towards the alley/curb line.
- Toters need to be at least three (3) feet from any fixed objects such as mailboxes, trees, poles/posts, building or parked vehicles, and with a 2-3 foot gap between carts.
- Place the toters at the end of your driveway if possible, or on the street/road with one (1) foot off the curb.
- If toters on street/road are blocked in by cars, you may place toters in the street/road with the wheels against the curb, again with a three (3) foot clearance on either side.
- Position the toter on as level of a surface as possible.
- Lids need to be closed to a substantial degree.
- Yard waste
- Large furniture items that do not fit into container. IE: couches, chairs, mattresses, etc.
- Construction material. IE: cabinets, lumber, shingles, siding, carpet, etc.
- Electronics. IE: TVs, computers, vcrs, printers, etc.
- Appliances. IE: Washers, dryers, stoves, refrigerators, etc.
- Plastics 1-7. Place loose in toter.
- Newspapers, Shiny inserts, Magazines, Phone books. Placed loose in toter (can be bagged or bundled).
- Shredded paper, office papers. Need to be placed in clear plastic bags.
- Cardboard. Please break down before placing in the container. (Cut into 2’ x 2’ squares)
- Aluminum and Tin. Place loose in bin.
- Glass. Jars and bottles of any color
- Food waste
- Yard Waste
- Paper Plates
- Ceramics and dishware
- Broken glass, windows and mirrors
- Construction materials
- Styrofoam, packing peanuts or bubble wrap
- MEDICAL WASTE
COMMON REASON FOR MISSED COLLECTIONS
- Cart is not placed following the above guidelines.
- Cart is placed out after the designated collection time.
- Trash OR Recycles outside of the cart.
- Overfilled-lids need to be closed to a substantial degree.
- Placed on a snow bank.
- Contains unacceptable items such as listed above.
SET OUT TIME
- On the day of collection, carts need to be placed out by 6:00am.
- Do not set out more than 12-hours before day of collection.
- Carts need to be returned to storage location within 24-hours of your collection day.
- Clearing snow after each snowfall will make it easier to move your cart to its collection point.
- Clear a place at your collection point so carts sit flat.
- Carts WILL NOT be collected if placed on a snow bank.
Any questions can be referred to Town & Country Sanitation at 608-375-5856.