At the south west edge of the Village, there’s a quarter mile stretch along the Mississippi River that’s been Riverside Park for as long as anyone can remember, attracting visitors and local residents alike. Between its major boat launching site at the lower end of the area, to the wildlife observation gazebo at the upper end, the park offers picnic and party shelters of various sizes, grilling facilities, playground areas, restrooms, convenient boat docking and the perfect up-close spot for watching tow boats and other river traffic go by. A memorial River Walk is an ongoing project of the community, and a fishing pier is planned for the near future.
Boating and Dock information
Passes available at Amoco, Great river Sportsman, Town Pump, Village Clerks office.
Annual pass January 1st-December 31st $20.00, $5.00 for an additional spot, Daily pass $5.00, 7 day consecutive pass $10.00
To rent a shelter, please call the Village office at (608) 725-5180.
Cassville River Walk
Get a glimpse of the vision of the Cassville RiverWalk....
In the center of town, kitty corner from the Cassville Municipal Building, is an unexpected green space called Volunteer Park. Centered with a gazebo amidst a lovely planting of trees and shrubs, and with inviting benches, it offers passers by a place to rest, friends to sit and chat and groups to gather for small events. The 9,000 sq. ft. lot at the intersection of Hwy 81 and. W. Amelia St., vacant for several years, eventually caught the imagination of Denis and Madonna David who purchased the property in 2003, deeded it to the Village and proceeded to engage volunteers to help with a design for the spot as well as provide workers, suppliers and other needs. As long time volunteers themselves, the Davids firmly believed in the volunteer spirit as so essential to small town success, so dedicating the area as Volunteer Park was the inevitable choice.
Nelson Dewey State Park offers one of the most majestic views of the upper Mississippi River and is a destination for campers, picnickers, hikers, history lovers and all who enjoy discovering more of scenic Wisconsin. The 800 acre park , named for Wisconsin’s First Governor, was created in 1936 from what remained of the original 2000 acre Dewey estate. Following a disastrous fire there in 1873, Dewey’s fortunes faded and the land passed through a succession of owners until Cassville officials engaged Grant County and the State of Wisconsin in a joint effort to purchase and preserve the land and buildings. Eventually the State Historical Society took on responsibility for creating the Stonefield Historic Site there, adding to the draw of the park.